Hunt continues for Littlerock man

first_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREOregon Ducks football players get stuck on Disney ride during Rose Bowl event160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! VALYERMO – A 49-year-old Littlerock man remains missing nearly a week after he left his home on a motorcycle ride apparently into the San Gabriel Mountains. It is out of character for Sean Kim, 49, to be so long out of contact with his family and he needs periodic insulin shots for his diabetes but did not bring his medicine on the ride, family and an investigator said. “These days all my family does is drive through the mountains and search for uncle in ditches or places where he may have possibly fallen off with his motorcycle and try to think of other places where my uncle would go on his motorcycle,” niece Mira Kim said. A sheriff’s helicopter flew on Tuesday and Wednesday over the Devil’s Punchbowl area and other places where Kim might have ridden but found no sign of him or of his red Suzuki Bandit 600 motorcycle, Detective Diane Harris said. Without a starting point, there is no way to search for him on the ground, she said. No activity has turned up on his credit cards or bank account, Harris said, but cell phone records indicate that Kim – or at least his cell phone – might have been in east Lancaster the night he disappeared, she said. Cell phone company records indicate Kim was in the Valyermo area when he called a friend about noon March 25 – the last that anyone has heard from him – but more than 10 hours later his phone’s signal was picked up in East Lancaster. About 10:20 to 10:30 p.m. March 25, his cell phone signal was picked up by a cell phone transmission tower near the 1700 block of East Avenue J. Incoming calls were placed to his phone, but he didn’t answer, Harris said. Kim’s phone could have been as far as three to five miles away from 1700 E. Ave. J and still been picked up by that tower, Harris said. The last time Kim was heard from was around noon March 25, when he called a friend seeking directions to a church retreat. According to cell phone signal records, Kim was not too far from the church retreat location, which was near 106th Street East and Fort Tejon Road, his niece said. His friend didn’t know the directions but called the church retreat facility in order to have someone call Kim.At 12:25 p.m., a church retreat worker called Kim and left a message, but Kim never retrieved the message. Charles F. Bostwick, (661) 267-5742 [email protected]last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *