The league made the ruling after Price was ejected for a flagrant foul-2 in the Lakers’ loss Wednesday in New Orleans where he pulled down Austin Rivers from behind. But replays showed that Price attempted to stop the ball. “We feel that the contact came from an attempt to block the shot and that there was no intent to hit Austin Rivers in the head,” Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said in a statement. “Therefore, we are disappointed in the league’s decision.”Scott echoed those concerns, arguing that such a play during the Lakers’ “Showtime Era” only would have resulted in a foul. “I don’t think there was any malice in it whatsoever,” Scott said. “He’s a tough kid. I really felt he was going for the ball as best as he could.”Price was already involved in one defensive controversy this season. During training camp, Price picked up a technical foul for throwing his shoe at Golden State’s Andre Iguodala to stop a fast break. But Scott pointed out that Price has never earned a reputation for picking up flagrant fouls. The nine-year veteran has often been considered a positive locker room presence both because of his work ethic and attitude. He has averaged 4.3 points and 4.4 assists in 21 minutes per game. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error The Lakers have applied for a disabled player exception because of Nash’s absence, which would be worth about $4.9 million. Assuming the NBA approves it, it is unlikely the Lakers will use it to sign a player through free agency or trade. But the Lakers could seek to trade his expiring contract.“He’s probably going through a tough time to adjust as far as life without basketball at this particular point,” Scott said. “It didn’t upset me one bit. Hopefully I’ll reach out to him again and we can talk or I can get a return call.”Second opinionThe Lakers have plenty of reasons to feel upset with the persistent losing.But the Lakers are also upset over the NBA punishing reserve guard Ronnie Price with a one-game suspension that kept him out of Friday’s game against the San Antonio Spurs at Staples Center. Steve Nash has passed too many assists to count, but the Lakers remain unsure if he will provide one more.The Lakers ruled Nash out for the 2014-15 season last month amid recurring back problems. But the Lakers have held out hope the 40-year old Nash could still help out in a mentorship capacity for the team’s point guards.“I would like to (hear from Nash), but I don’t know,” Lakers coach Byron Scott said. “I gave him a call, but I haven’t gotten a return call. So we’ll see.”Scott conceded he would have “definitely” returned any of his coaches’ calls immediately during his 14-year NBA career. But Scott maintains he’s “not angry at all” he has not yet heard from Nash, who is still under contract with the Lakers for $9.8 million. The Lakers have allowed Nash to keep his distance and has deferred to him on whether he would like to be around the team’s training facility.