Police officers served the warrantissued by Judge Estefanio Libutan Jr. of the Regional Trial Court Branch 57 inSan Carlos City. The court recommended no bail bond forthe suspect’s temporary liberty./PN Villarosa was detained in the custodialfacility of the San Carlos City police station. Villarosa was caught on the strength ofan arrest warrant in Barangay 1, San Carlos City around 3:50 p.m. on March 27,a police report showed. The 21-year-old Ena Delle Villarosa wasfacing drug charges. BACOLOD City – She was listed as the No.7 most wanted person in the police station of San Carlos City, NegrosOccidental.
Associated Press — The NHL and NHL Players’ Association have announced the postponement of its 2020 international games, adding they look forward to taking teams overseas again next year. The Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers were previously scheduled to open this season in Prague as part of the NHL’s Global Series. The Buffalo Sabres and Tampa Bay Lightning had been slated to play two games in Stockholm.— The presidents of the 11 Big East Conference schools are leaning toward not allowing sports to be played at schools this season unless their campuses are open. While no deadlines have been set, Commissioner Val Ackerman said the presidents indicated a late June/early July deadline for fall sports, and possibly a Sept. 1 deadline for winter sports. It is conceivable the league would play with some members not participating. Ackerman said there are hybrid scenarios that could change things, such as a campus opening late.— Fans returned to the stands Friday for baseball in Taiwan, even though they are spaced far apart as a safeguard against the spread of the coronavirus. Up to 1,000 spectators are now allowed at ballparks in Taiwan, but they must sit apart and are barred from bringing in food despite shuttered concession stands.— Soccer is back in South Korea for the first time since the pandemic shut down sports around the world, and its success or failure will be closely watched by leagues everywhere. The K-League season kicked off Friday in Jeonju with defending champion Jeonbuk Motors playing in an empty stadium but with chants piped in from supporters. Instead of fans, banners with messages of support were draped around the stands.— German politicians have been persuaded to allow soccer to resume in the country despite the coronavirus pandemic, but it seems the public still needs to be convinced. Three new polls from German broadcasters show at least half of respondents saying they are against the plan to restart the season. The top two divisions will resume on May 16 following a two-month suspension, playing in empty stadiums TYRONE, Ga. (AP) — Former NBA player Shannon Brown faces charges in suburban Atlanta after he was accused of firing a rifle at two people who were looking at homes for salePolice say Brown was arrested on a charge of aggravated assault stemming from an incident May 2 at his home in Tyrone, Georgia. He is free after posting bond on Monday.The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that the former Los Angeles Lakers guard and two-time NBA champion told police he thought the couple was trying to break into his home.NHL-CAPITALS-LEIPSICCapitals cut ties with Leipsic after disparaging comments Update on the latest sports — Soccer teams are going to get some extra help from the bench during a backlog of games caused by the coronavirus pandemic. The International Football Association Board has agreed to let teams use two extra substitutes per match when soccer resumes. Leagues which typically end in May are preparing to restart and face a congested schedule into July and August to complete their season.— At least 70 percent of U.S. Olympic sports organizations have applied for government funds during the pandemic. The Associated Press surveyed 44 of the country’s national governing bodies. All but four of the 36 bodies that responded said they had applied for assistance from the Paycheck Protection Program.NFL-CONCUSSION SETTLEMENT1 law firm gets lion’s share of $112M in NFL concussion feesPHILADELPHIA (AP) — After years of infighting over $112 million in legal fees in the NFL concussion case, a federal appeals court has approved a plan that gives nearly half the money to a single law firm. The decision Thursday grants New York-based Seeger Weiss over $51 million, more than 10 times the amount of any other firm, including the lawyers who filed the first cases in 2012.It was lawyer Christopher Seeger who steered the negotiations that led to a surprise settlement in 2013 and who managed the case through several appeals. Some firms represented more than 1,000 players, while Seeger directly represented only about 20.The settlement, expected to cost the NFL more than $1 billion over time, spared the league a trial over claims that it long hid what it knew about the link between concussions and brain injuries.In other NFL news:— The Jaguars have agreed to terms with journeyman quarterback Mike Glennon to serve as a veteran backup to Gardner Minshew. Glennon began his NFL career with Tampa Bay in 2013 and spent four seasons with the team before playing for Chicago, Arizona and Oakland over the last three years. The 30-year-old Glennon has completed 61% of his passes for 5,163 yards, with 36 touchdowns and 20 interceptions in 29 games. COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio State University will pay about $41 million to settle a dozen lawsuits by 162 men alleging decades-old sexual abuse and mistreatment by a team doctor, Richard Strauss.About 350 former athletes and other men had sued the school for failing to stop the late doctor despite concerns raised during his tenure. The university first announced a settlement with some of them in March, but the cost wasn’t made public until Friday.A special overseer independent of the university is expected to help allocate varying payments to the men based on their experiences and the harm done, aided by a three-person panel of experts evaluating claims.NBA-FORMER PLAYER ARRRESTEDEx-NBA player accused of shooting at 2 people NASCAR has canceled races at Richmond Raceway, Chicagoland Speedway and Sonoma Speedway. Richmond was originally scheduled for April 19 and Chicagoland was slated for June 21. Speedway Motorsports traded its road course race in Sonoma scheduled for June 14 for a Cup race at Charlotte on May 27.NASCAR plans to race at Darlington Raceway in South Carolina on May 17 and May 20. Since those races weren’t originally scheduled, NASCAR forfeited events at its Richmond and Chicago tracks.NASCAR is attempting to race at tracks within driving distance of its North Carolina-based teams.In other developments related to the coronavirus pandemic:— A small number of NBA practice facilities reopened for workouts Friday, and at least one team received permission from the league to test players and staff for the coronavirus. Cleveland and Portland were open for players who wanted to get back into game shape. The Orlando Magic revealed that they have been authorized by local health officials to test players and staff. ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) — The Washington Capitals have placed Brendan Leipsic (LIP’-sihk) on unconditional waivers to terminate his contract after he made disparaging comments about women and teammates in a private social media chat.In a conversation involving his brother and Florida Panthers minor leaguer Jack Rodewald, Leipsic commented on the physical appearances of Vancouver forward Tanner Pearson’s wife and Edmonton captain Connor McDavid’s girlfriend. He also called Capitals linemates Garnet Hathaway and Nick Dowd losers. Leipsic apologized, saying a friend’s Instagram account was hacked and taking responsibility for his comments.The NHL called it “inexcusable conduct” and said it would address the matter with the Capitals and Panthers.,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditVIRUS OUTBREAK-SPORTSNASCAR cancels 3 racesUNDATED (AP) — NASCAR’s revised 2020 Cup schedule eliminates three major races as the circuit attempts to restart its season. — The Bills have signed defensive end and second-round selection A.J. Epenesa and two other players taken in the NFL draft last month. Epenesa played at Iowa and led the Big Ten with 10 1/2 sacks last season. Also signed were receiver and fourth-round pick Gabriel Davis of Central Florida and quarterback and fifth-round choice Jake Fromm of Georgia. All three got four-year contracts. — Rashard Higgins is back on the Browns’ roster after signing a one-year, $910,000 contract. Higgins was limited by a knee injury last season and fell from favor with former coach Freddie Kitchens, finishing with just four receptions for 55 yards.— Brett Favre (fahrv) is refuting a Mississippi state auditor’s report that said the Hall of Fame quarterback received $1.1 million in welfare money for multiple speaking engagements that he didn’t actually attend. The former Green Bay Packers quarterback told ESPN Wisconsin’s “Wilde & Tausch” radio show he instead was being paid for his role in radio public service announcements and advertisements that ran for a few years in Mississippi. Favre reiterated that he is returning the money paid to him by a nonprofit group whose former leader has been indicted in a welfare embezzlement scheme.OHIO STATE-TEAM DOCTOR$41M settlement by Ohio State covers 162 of doc’s accusers May 8, 2020